Monday, November 27, 2006

Weekend wrap

I hate it when I am so busy that I don't get to blog – and I miss on writing about all this cool stuff before hand! But then I'm told that it's a sign that:
  1. I had a good weekend
  2. I have a life
  3. I have something to blog about.
Well, in case you missed it, Saturday 25 November was 'Buy Nothing Day'. Damn. I so wanted to blog about it since I started my little obsession with consumerism. Two Peas have some nice graphics from the initiators of the day, AdBusters. But I did remember that I didn't want to buy anything that day. However, I succumbed to buying one sausage at my son's school sausage sizzle, which was trying to make a buck from those pouring in to the Polling Station on their school's grounds.

Oh, yeah. In case you missed it, Victoria had an election. In case you hadn't heard, the ALP won. Again. And the much lauded 'protest vote' against the Labor government going stale after two terms didn't really materialise – either for the Liberals, or the Greens (which was a shame for the Greens – they had their hopes up for this one).

Can you believe that they are still counting the votes for the Upper House? Can it be that difficult to tell us whether or not there will be more of an alternative to the two-party system in the Upper House – preferably the Greens, rather than the ultra-conservative Family First!

Oh. And Barista has a very cool image of optical fibres embeded into a concrete wall. Way cool.

And yes, I did have a very nice weekend, thank you, and a good couple of days off late last week too!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 28, 2006 10:29 am, Blogger unique_stephen said...

Barista is part of my everyday

 
At December 01, 2006 7:39 am, Blogger cristy said...

Unfortunately, I failed to avoid buying anything for the whole day - because I went out to dinner.

My friend actually paid for the meal, but that doesn't really change things does it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home