Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Winter – Wordless Wednesday (No. 5)

It has been a while since I've done a Wordless Wednesday, but it thought I'd try again, seeing that I actually liked some of the photos I took at a family outing to a park in Brunswick on the weekend. It has been cold here this last week. Winter has truly set in.

Last night I went to the forum 'Growing up Asian in Australia' last night, held to mark the launch of the new anthology of writing by writers of Asian descent – about growing up Asian in Australia – edited by Alice Pung, and I've had Hanif Kureishi on my mind .

Wouldn't you know it,
his website has a story with a tree, children, an 'Asian' father and a park. Oh, and an errant ball. I recommend you read his story 'Hullabaloo in the Tree' to go along with the photo. I will blog on last night's panel when I have some time later this week.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 06, 2008 12:27 am, Blogger cathouse teri said...

I'm not that easily impressed with photos. I mean... there are just so many! Everywhere I look! It reminds me of when my ex and I were looking for engagement rings. After looking all day, I didn't even want one!

But THIS photo is gorgeous! Knocked me off my chair! Absolutely stunning.

I like your writing. Just stopping to say hi. I'm here by way of Stephen, by way of Smack.

Keep up the good work!

 
At June 06, 2008 9:06 pm, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

Thank you! That is very kind! I've recently been taking my photographs more seriously, and I appreciate your positive feedback.

I do like this photo more and more as I look at it, and it is funny to think it took 5 or six shots or tries to come up with this one that works.

Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home