Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Monthly to revisit Palm Island story

As a quick follow up to my post on the Palm Island death coronial inquiry, I thought readers would find this promo from The Monthly about its upcoming November issue noteworthy:
Chloe Hooper writes a coda to her award-winning March Monthly essay “The Tall Man: Inside Palm Island’s Heart of Darkness”. Late last month, Queensland’s deputy coroner found that Sergeant Chris Hurley might have been involved in a criminal offence connected to the death of Aboriginal man Cameron Doomadgee while he was in police custody. Chloe writes about the findings of the inquest and her recent return to Palm Island.
Considering how good her first article was, I'm looking forward to this one… Meanwhile, the October edition is out (though I'm yet to get my hands on it).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home