Monday, October 23, 2006

Stick out your tongue and say 'wow'


In one of those freaky synchronistic moments of the web – and life – two bloggers I like to read have posted about encountering blue-tongued lizards – and shared photos of them – within nearly a week of each other. Weird coincidence? Or is it just spring?

But the coincidences pile up. Both live in New South Wales – probably within cooee of each other, or not: Mike, who writes
Peasants are Revolting, lives in the Blue Mountains and Stephen, who writes Emunctory, lives in Sydney. Both are dads who write about their kids and families regularly (a reason I enjoy reading their blogs), both are IT/web guys, have similar interests in social and political concerns, and take great photos of wildlife (all also reasons why I like their blogs)!

Weird. But fun. It's one of the things I like about the web and the blogosphere: I wouldn't have come upon such a coincidence without it, and I would never have 'met' either of these guys without blogging.

I've shared Stephen's photo from his flickr site above. You can find Mike's here. Their shots sure beat my lame attempt from Wilsons Prom earlier this year.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 5:57 pm, Blogger unique_stephen said...

I'm glad that you liked the photo - I'm rushing over to read Mike now.

 
At October 24, 2006 4:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing me towards another Aussie Dad :) I have you both on my blog roll now, but for some reason I've had trouble getting you to show up on my blog. Mental Note: I need to sort that out.

 
At October 26, 2006 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've looked into the issues I've been having with your blog on my blog roll and for some strange reason your link references my blog when it appears via the Bloglines code snippet. I'm not sure how that's happening because nobody else's is doing that. Your feed is coming in loud and clear though, Bloglines is just being grumpy it seems. You don't happen to have multiple feeds for this blog do you? That was giving me trouble a while back and I had to get rid of the extra one I had.

 
At October 30, 2006 10:11 am, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

Hi Mike, I'm not sure what the problem with my blog url or bloglines is. As far as I know, there are only two feeds for this blog – both generated by Blogger. The original Atom one, and an RSS one that Blogger introduced after it adopted that technology. I don't use any external feed generator or susbscription service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home