Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Switch to Blogger 'not' beta

As you may have noticed, I've made the leap and switched this blog over to Blogger's supposedly not beta version – i.e. the 'new' Blogger. If you haven't notice, that's good, because that would mean things went smoothly.

So far, so good – especially as there were only minor typographic hiccups with republishing this blog under the new system. The best thing about this shift was that I was able to keep the old template design, which I'm rather fond of and have spent much time fine-tuning in the right column. (The main reason I took the plunge, really.) And, importantly, all my old posts are still in their correct archived positions – this blog doesn't have to start from day one again, as I've noticed a few others who made the switch had to.

What has been good, though, is labels. That's been the main drawcard (that, and the fact that blogger kept interrupting my normal login to lure me over to the 'dark side', as I thought it was.

Other than a few small annoying differences in the interface for posting and editing content, I haven't had time to explore and notice many other things that could go wrong. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't stuff up much else. Let me know if you notice any other difficulties or stuff-ups – such as problems posting comments etc.

Now I just have to give some more thought to 'labels' – which ones to use, how to keep them consistent, how to stop them proliferating, and where I'm going to display all the labels I'll coin…

Hum. What label do I put this post under?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 19, 2007 6:00 pm, Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

ng all posts 'blogging'.

My switch was not a willing one, and I lost the gravatars of my other blogs.
I keep wondering what their motive was for supplying us with all this supposed new goodness.

 
At February 19, 2007 6:05 pm, Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

Well fer goodness sake!

that previous comment was supposed to begin:

"You might solve the issue by labelling all Posts 'blogging'.

 
At February 20, 2007 11:28 am, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

Then I may as well not use labels! ;)

I've taken up your other comment about why they wanted us to switch in a new post. Take a look.

BTW, are you having trouble with the comment posting tool?

 
At February 20, 2007 3:56 pm, Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

re: am I having problems with the comment posting tool?

Maybe it is my lightning typing speed getting ahead of The Tool, which caused that first clause to not be there when I hit 'post comment'.

the thing I loathe is trying to decipher Word Verification's Font From Hell.
cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home