Thursday, April 02, 2009

Wild things to come

Apple has the trailer for new film, Where the Wild Things Are, online. It's based on Maurice Sendak's children's picture book.
I learned about it via Barista, who says the trailer is "a corker". Which it is. They also made it at the giant move studio at Docklands. The one that isn't getting used much anymore.

I wonder which one of these children's books, especially the picture books, will be as enduring as Sendak's book, and get turned into a movie.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Shaun Tan's illustrations and stories, but one of the things I love about them is the intimacy of seeing them on the page and holding the book in my hands. Don't know if I'd want to see them larger than life on the silver screen. Though I'm happy to change my mind. After all, my kids and I have been enjoying the kids' animated TV series based on Graeme Base's Animalia.

And I will be going to see Where the Wild Things Are.

3 Comments:

At April 02, 2009 5:53 pm, Blogger matt said...

This does look pretty fun and I'll definitely go see it even though I do have a feeling of 'sacredness' towards the book. I bought my son a T-Shirt last year with a picture of Max wearing his crown and doing his happy dance. I've been surprised at how many people have asked where I got it or commented on how they loved that book as a kid.

 
At April 02, 2009 11:26 pm, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

So, where did you get the t-shirt from? I'm up in Brissie next in June. Maybe I can keep an eye out for it…

 
At April 03, 2009 1:43 pm, Blogger unique_stephen said...

When the kids choose that book to read I have a silent smile. I love that book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home