Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Two stops early

It's amazing what happens when you grab the chance and get off the tram two stops early.

I keep seeing these pieces of street-art from the tram when I'm near my work. Today I got off the tram two stops early so I could enjoy them up close and photograph them. Finally!

Street art near my work

For reasons that appear apparent to me, the piece above reminds me of Kirty's recollection of a Joni Mitchell song.

Street art near my work

My youngest loves ladybugs at the moment. He'll be wrapped with this photo.

Street art near my work

And, of course, a tiger. This one's pretty good for a stencil art-piece. Nice lines.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 18, 2009 8:25 pm, Blogger genevieve said...

I think my daughter used to live in a place with some stencils like that. I wonder if that style is common? they're great.
GOod on you for getting off early!

 
At August 19, 2009 11:13 am, Blogger Penthe said...

I love the coffee cup with the castle. It's exactly how I want my life to be. Glad you got off the tram early. And I miss trams badly!

 
At August 21, 2009 6:33 pm, Blogger Kirsty said...

I get the connection between the first stencil and the Joni Mitchell song. I think we've interpreted it a little darker than Penthe, unless she wants those flames in her life?

 
At August 24, 2009 11:01 am, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

I interpreted the first stencil in terms of Joni Mitchell's 'ice-cream castles in the air', which was the line that most stuck out in my memory (with a 'what the?' and 'how the?') as a child. I thought those dark whisps were whisps of hot coffee vapour, rather than flame. But I can certainly appreciate where you see the darkness, kirsty! My more innocent interpretation is based on my childhood fascination with heavenly ice-cream castles!

gen, the stencils are in North Fitzroy, near Endiburgh Gardens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home