Thursday, September 10, 2009

Celestial butterfly

The refurbished Hubble telescope has caught some new amazing images of the celestial bodies, including this amazing image that has been dubbed a 'celestial butterfly'. Apt. According to the ABC:
The spectacular butterfly-like image is of a nebula, a cloud of stellar dust and gas, created by the last throes of a dying star that once was about five times the mass of the Sun.
I could just get lost in that image if I stared at it for too long. I keep wondering if it will suck me in to a vortex in the middle.

The new images were posted on
NASA's Hubble website yesterday. This image is used under the terms of NASA's fair-use policy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 10, 2009 8:27 pm, Blogger matt said...

What a beauty. As an avid follower of Astronomy Picture of the Day, I've become a bit desensitised to space vistas but this is really unique.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home