Monday, April 10, 2006

Cafe envy

Okay, okay, I envy a lot of things about girl with a movie camera, including the great photos and still from her movies on her blog, and the videos she posts, but this really takes the cake.

It wasn't that she actually met Pedro Almodovar (she's a film-maker, so that's her kick), or that she is in Paris (okay, okay, I envy that), but what really really green with envy was this:
So off I went with my Powerbook to a lovely cafe/restaurant near the Opera. It has become my favorite place to work because of the lovely minimalist decor, the veggie/organic menu, a no smoking policy, free wifi, electric outlets for my powerbook, and an ultra sweet staff. I can spend hours there.
*Sigh.* Free Wifi. There's nothing like that around where I work. Or in Melbourne at all, as far as I know. Certainly not that combination of things that would make my perferct cafe.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 26, 2006 8:35 pm, Blogger girl with a movie camera said...

Mark,
awwwwww that's really sweet, thanks for the nice words :) if it's any consolation, finding such a place wasn't exactly a piece of cake - i scoured four arrondissements before i found it (often stuck in places with a waiter hovering over me, looking at the progress of my coffee, eager to take away the empty cup and slam the receipt on my table). hopefully you'll find a cafe like mine in melbourne soon enough!
best,
Ele/girlwithamoviecamera

 
At April 29, 2006 4:19 pm, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

Hi Ele, thanks for dropping by! I respect your determination to find the perfect cafe for yourself. You're reaping the rewards! I got an email from Genevieve in response to my post suggesting a number of listings of wifi cafes in Melbourne, including one that's not too far away from me. So, one day, if I get around to it... I hope to drop by your blog from one of them!

If you're ever in Melbourne, say for the Melbourne International Film Festival, maybe to show one of your films, then check out these links: Free_WiFi_Hotsposts and here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home