Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Wasting water, energy and money in the shower

ABC News reports that singing in the shower a 'waste of money':
Energy Australia has conducted research showing people are wasting money on hot water by singing and daydreaming in the shower.
Ouch! It is one of my big vices – is daydreaming! Not only does it waste money on our gas and water bills, it wastes water in our drought-struck land, and wastes energy – something our warming climate cannot afford. I've been trying to cut down my shower times – really. But, I still occasionaly wonder off into a daydream, and before I know it…

I will have to find some other outlet for my daydreaming, which is one of my powerful creative spaces for new ideas and initiatives. Ideas, anyone?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2006 10:48 am, Blogger phil said...

The bath? The toilet? The thing about bathrooms is that they have great reverb, which is why I occasionally take the guitar in there (not into the shower, just to be precise). Whether reverb works for daydreams sounds like a good subject for a thesis.

 
At October 30, 2006 10:08 am, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

Hey Phil, the toilet is a standard dayreaming zone for me, but I hardly have the time for a bath these days.

Besides, what with wanting to save water, we're encouraged to share baths (or bath water) with our family members these days. Do you remember what a bath is like after a six-year-old boy has been in it? *shudder*.

I once had a housemate who played the guitar in the bathroom: she thought the acoustics were great too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home