Thursday, June 15, 2006

Greenpeace anti-whaling advertisement


In the comments to a previous post on whaling and the IWC, Mike Bogle posted the link to the Greenpeace television advertisement against whaling. I'm not sure what the hoo-ha was, I didn't think it was that gruesome (though I agree, young kids shouldn't watch it, Mike). I thought the reference to whale watching clever though.


I thought I'd post the link here for all to see. Here is the link to the Greenpeace webpage – check out the video ad yourself.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2006 8:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth be told I had left that comment before I actually watched the clip, so I realistically should have waited before commenting. I think I let the press psych me up a bit.

Ultimately I think my greatest objections were not to the PSA itself, but to the fact this stuff continues to happen despite international moratoriums to the contrary. The blood and violence was not overly presented; that's the way it is unfortunately.

And I agree with your thoughts on how everything was put together. It's quite a cleverly edited and thought-provoking piece. So in that it definitely serves its purpose.

What remains to be seen is whether it actually get's aired on television. I'll be interested in seeing what comes out of that.

In the meantime I'm off to read David's rebuttal in my post (not the David who posts here). Turns out he's from Tokyo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home