Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy birthday Shelley!

It was my partner Shelley's birthday on Saturday. Happy belated birthday, Shelley!

I took her indoor rock climbing as one of her birthday presents, and we had a great time! It was the first time either of us had done it, and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously, though I admit it was pretty tough going for someone as out of shape as me.

We didn't have heaps of time, but once we covered the safety and skills introductory training, we managed to fit in two climbs each. And I thought I had a fear of heights...


Of course, yours truly took the prohibition on taking photos and video in the indoor rock-climbing 'gym' in the city seriously (unlike many others there) and so there are no photos of the event to share. But that wouldn't have mattered as I had forgotten to charge the batteries for the digital camera, so there aren't even any photos of the lovely afternoon tea we had for her birthday yesterday. But I can assure you that she had a great birthday weekend!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2008 10:36 am, Blogger unique_stephen said...

Happy birthday

- your not out of shape, round is a shape.

- the thing I like about climbing is that no matter what your ability there is always something that you just cant do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home