Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thought-quote for the day

Alex Steffen, in his recent WorldChanging post The Apocalypse Makes Us Dumb writes, "Disasters … are all about bad food and wet feet and sick babies and pointless pain."

There is much to reflect on in this very good post that questions the millennial assumptions of the 'end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it' thinking, particularly that related to global warming.

My other favourite idea/quote is "The Apocalypse will be an adventure." As he says, it won't. Well worth mulling over.

A good post to read in tandem with his post on who the heroes in a climate-changed world would be, which I've responded to in my Twitter updates (see 'Twitter updates' section in the column on the right).

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 23, 2008 10:57 pm, Blogger parlance said...

I can't see where the Twitter Updates is. Is it a link?

 
At July 28, 2008 7:49 pm, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

Hi parlance, my 'Twitter Updates' are in a little box in the right sidebar 'live' under 'Contact Me' and 'My Other Stuff'.

These are updated regularly and only show the most recent 3, so those twitter updates on Alex Steffen are gone. You can find all my Twitter Updates here:
http://twitter.com/marklawrence

 

Post a Comment

<< Home